Save the Date!!!
October 18-20, 2013
1. All family members and friends are invited to attend with or without their UT student.
2. Dress is casual. Since events are spread out over this large campus, we encourage you to wear comfortable shoes.
3. Some events will be cancelled in the event of rain. Those events include, but are not limited to the Stadium Field Viewing.
4. Many parents wonder why Family Weekend is no longer held when the UT Longhorn football team is playing at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. There are several reasons for this change - if you've ever been on campus during a home football game, you'll understand. Football tickets in large quantities for parents (not holding season tickets) are not accessible, parking and hotel reservations become more challenging with increased visitors to campus. After much discussion and consideration, Texas Parents staff, Advisory Board members and other UT administrators made the decision to change Family Weekend to an away-game or open weekend. The result of this change has been extremely positive. Attendance is up and the focus of the weekend is now on academics and family togetherness.
5. For most of the events and tours, tickets are not needed to attend and will not be distributed. If you register for an event for which a ticket is needed, it will be provided in your Family Weekend packet, which will be available for pick-up at check-in.
6. Refunds are not available.
7. Events will begin on Friday evening. There are a few optional events, such as tours, scheduled for Sunday along with a brunch for Plan II families. Otherwise, Sunday is mainly a day for families to travel back home.
8. Make travel and hotel arrangements now, keeping in mind that if you have a discount code for a hotel, most will not honor or offer the discount on this weekend as it is a weekend of high volume.
Great Texas Showcase student organization registration form - click here.
The first 15 registered student organizations, in good standing with the University, who respond back to Texas Parents at firstname.lastname@example.org by TBD with a completed registration form will be accepted.